Australian prime minister Scott Morrison announces a new plan for the country to reach ‘our new official target of reaching net zero emissions by 2050’. He says the plan ‘is not a revolution but a careful evolution to take advantage in our markets’. Guardian Australia’s political editor Katharine Murphy asks how this will be delivered, given lack of detail in the plan
- Scott Morrison unveils Australia 2050 net zero emissions plan with no detail and no modelling
- Follow the Australia news live blog for the latest updates
- How does Australia’s response to the climate crisis compare with the rest of the world?
- Labor accuses Nationals of trading opposition to net zero for extra cabinet position
- Coalition avoids meltdown over emissions target – but at what price? | Katharine Murphy